Thursday 21 May 2009

Dilli ki garmi

Delhi is currently a furnace with mercury touching almost 42 degree C. Its so hot that one feel roasted specially around mid day 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.

My son comes back from school at 1:15 pm. The AC school bus drops him just in front of my society building. Y’day I went to pick him up and on way back home, I saw a baby, barely 2-3 months old sleeping on the roadside pavement. It was sooooo freaking hot and such small baby wrapped in a thin sheet was lying under a tree shade. I got terrified and gave panic look to her mum who was sitting beside the baby with other two kids. I asked her “itne chhote bacche ki aise kyo litaya hai, bahut garmi hai, loo lag jayegi (Why have u made such small baby lying in such heat. She may get heat stroke)
She gave me a puzzled and faint smile and said, “madamji, gareebon ke bachhe to aise hi palte hain.(Madam, kids of poor parents are raised like this only)

4 comments:

  1. ouch! i know what you mean....i have myself become a bit too sensitive towards kids after having Shaurya...now when i see small kids begging on signal or small infants on pavements..it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Pallavi, my heart goes out to those kids. I gave some cloths and food to that poor lady. Hope I helped her a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Your topic was great! Thanks for taking a moment
    ac school
    hvac trade school..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your topic was great! Thanks for taking a moment
    ac school
    hvac trade school..

    ReplyDelete