Sunday 9 August 2009

In love with two.....songs

When I first heard this song I was in my late teens and fell in love with it instantly. I could feel and understand the emotions of love, caring and sharing and inspiration then, so I related to this song very well.
This song from black and white movies era touched me so deeply. I recorded a 60 min long cassette with just one song, "aaja piya tohe pyaar du" from movie 'Baharon ki sapne, 1967.
I used to listen to this same song repeatedly, discovering a new meaning every time. and used to think I will sing this song for love of my life :)

This year I felt the same connection with this new song as soon as I heard it very first time. I again fell in love with this song called "mere sang chal zara" from movie 'New York' 2009.

Both the songs have striking resemblance in terms of sentiments, emotions.
In both the song the lady love is trying to cheer up her man; inspiring him to get up and get going, start afresh. She is saying that I will be with you, for you and stand by you always.
Both songs are conveying the same message to her man that 'sukh mera le le, main dukh tere le lu'.

Let me share the lyrics of both songs with you; so you will 'see' what I want to convey.

First, Aaja piya tohe pyar du (Baharon ki sapne, 1967)

aajaa piyaa tohe pyaar du
gori bainyaa tope waar du
kisaliye tu, itanaa udaas
sookhe sookhe honth,
aakhiyon mein pyaas
kisliye, kisliye

jal chuke hain badan kaee, piyaa isee raat mein
thake huye in haathon ko, de de mere haath mein
sukh mera le le, main dukh tere le lu
mai bhee jiu, tu bhee jiye

hone de re, jo ye julmee hain, path tere gaanwon ke
palakon se chun daalungee mai, kaante tere paanwon ke
lat bikharaye, chunariyaa bichhaye
baithhee hun main, tere liye

apani to jab aakhiyon se, bah chali dhaar see
khil padee waheen ek hansee, piyaa tere pyaar kee
main jo naheen haaree, sajan jaraa socho
kisliye, kisliye


And now, mere sang chal zara (New York, 2009)

mere sang to chal zara kyun dikhe dara dara
chal tujhko aa chhupa loon apni main baahon mein
chal khwaab kuchh sajaa doon teri in nigahon mein
main jo sang hoon tere rang hoon
raahon se teri chun loon main khwaab
har lamha yun guzre ke gehrata jaye ye

hasde zara sa to teri hansi se mere kal ho haaseen
bas itna chaahun main iss zindagi se zyaada kuchh nahi
main jo sang hoon tere rang hoon
raahon se teri chun loon main khwaab
har lamha yun guzre ke gehrata jaye ye pyaar

rukna na raahon mein roke agar kal tujhe parchhaiyan
sang tere main bhi hoon tanha nahi hai teri tanhaayian
main jo sang hoon tere rang hoon
raahon se teri chun loon main khwaab
har lamha yun guzre ke gehrata jaye ye pyaar

mere sang to chal zara kyun dikhe dara dara
chal tujh ko aa chhupa loon apni main baahon mein
chal khwaab kuchh saja doon teri in nigahon mein
main jo sang hoon tere rang hoon
raahon se teri chun loon main khwaab
har lamha yun guzre ke gehrata jaye ye pyaar

tell me now it is same feeling, isn't it ?


2 comments: